Ariane “Ari” Cap
Bassist • Educator • Author
For News and Updates on Performances and Recordings
Photo: tntpictures.com TueNam Ton
Thank you to all who voted for me in a recent Bass Player Magazine Poll. I am one of four winners and share cover duties with Joe Dart, Mohini Dey and Michael League for the July 2019 cover of the UK and US versions of the magazine. Click to buy.
A FEW VIDEO FAVORITES
Photo Credit: Alison Hasbach. Riff Journal/Truefire
• Austrian-gone-Californian Ariane Cap is a bassist, passionate performer, studio bassist, online educator, course creator, practicing coach, blogger and Amazon bestselling author.
• Find out about her duo OoN – The Bass-Bassoon Duo of Ariane Cap and Paul Hanson.
• Interviews, collaborations, Ari’s columns and guest seminars: keep scrolling this page.
• Check out Ariane’s groundbreaking book: Music Theory for the Bass Player and other educational creations.
• Ariane serves on the San Francisco Chapter Board of the Recording Academy and co-chairs the Education Committee.
• She lives with her husband, composer Wolf Wein in the San Francisco Bay Area. She is a groove-geek, psychology nerd, fitness enthusiast and loves health food.
LEARN FROM ARIANE
Ari’s Bass Blog
New bass educational content weekly – teaching videos, articles, features and give-aways. (This is the educational list. For artist news subscribe to the list on top)
Latest Blog Post
Books, DVD’s and Courses
Music Theory for the Bass Player – an in-depth and comprehensive course for putting theory into action, for groove creation, technique mastery and note finding skills. 176 videos, PDFs and 130 play-alongs.
Columns, Seminars, Interviews
Features, Interviews, Reviews, Honors
Photo Credit: Tue Nam Ton
“We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Ariane is an official contributor to SBL and notreble and endorser of the following companies: Marleaux bass guitars, FIbenare Bass Guitars, Gruvgear, Dean Markley Strings.”